Monday, November 19, 2007

This is the day of Thanksgiving...

...blessed be the name of the righteous one
This is the day of rejoicing, for all the things that He has done
He reigns supreme . . . over everything,
But yet He listens . . . to the birds that sing
Celebrate
Celebrate
Celebrate Jesus Chriiiiist!

(and this posting has nothing to do with that this Thursday is Thanksgiving--though I do wish a happy one to each and everyone who does and doesn't read my blog)

Indeed, sometimes I need to encourage myself to be thankful instead of pissed at what drama or ridiculousness my days bring me.
I was chatting with a friend and listing the reasons why a recent day of mine stayed afloat, and thought maybe you wouldn't mind me listing a few of my blessings, about which I should be and am in the process of rejoicing.

Here goes:
God woke me up this morning
I actually got work done today
I wore my new red earrings today (by Sophia Loren Coffee)
I have enough money to pay for my voice lesson tonight and I'm excited
I have a house to go home to, and a key to open the door
I have food at home (waiting to be cooked)
Somebody left me a voicemail, which to me means they (whoever they are) were thinking 'bout me
My sister said I can have Thanksgiving with her and her bf's family
Even though I didn't sell ANY scarves this weekend at the trunk show, I accomplished much--finished product with labels (hand-designed by Jaeah Lee, upcoming visual artist/architect)

. . . the list really doesn't have an ending place, but I'll try this:
i read this morning in Isaiah--that's the Bible :)--that God selects all the stars and puts them in their place and calls them by name to shine the way they do

I figure, if he can make a star to shine so bright, I'll be alright

1 comment:

there she goes said...

lovely
i think i'll start a list too
(oh add to yours that i loooove you and think you're great :))