Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I recently realized...

...that I haven't been as true to myself as was originally intended with this blog-o-mine.
The whole point is for me to get to mention things I love.
And yes, I would LOVE to highlight things and people that strike my attention, but seriously...toothpaste?

I hate to go against anyone's impressions of me whether they be from initial meeting to years of knowing me. But going against the grain is the point of living, I think.
So there will be a shift in my musings from now on.

I'll mention things like the place I went to get my pedicure last week in BK (shout to all you wonderful Brooklynites (i don't know if that's a real word, but deal with it)) called Purple Nails, where Christy (I think that's her name) stayed until the place closed down, PAST the bad episode of Everybody Loves Raymond--p.s. I do NOT love Raymond, and the trash was ready to go out with her, JUST to make sure my pretty little toenails dried.
It was too cold for flip flops!

Big ups to the prices, which have remained the same since I first came to know them (only $10 for a pedicure; $14 for mani and pedi) when I lived at 83 Hall Street in the wonderful summer of 2003, and the people. (The guy at the front will harrass you, but only in love.)

Not to mention the Chinese food place next door, whose prices have unfortunately gone up, but only a quarter so far as I can tell, whose french fries (with ketchup AND hot sauce) are to die for! And don't forget to grab the tupperware full of fresh pineapple (in juice...and quite possibly straight from the can) for $1...or is it $1.25 now?

This is who I am. I love a bargain. I love to shop. I love to treat myself. I love art. I love people. I love naming the stupidity that surrounds me on a daily basis. Because it puts life in perspective.

So join me if you will, and if you won't, my love will still find and follow you everywhere you go.

I hope to see you all again, and again, and again.

No comments: