Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Singing other people's stuff...

This is the dilemma I have when I go to open mics, not that I've been to one in a while
I was going to an open mic last night with my new friend Alexis (upcoming actress--catch her on stage in less than a year--I promise)
Cafe Wha was the chosen location, but it turns out that their open mic doesn't start until 12 MIDNIGHT!
What is that?
I don't get why open mics start so late!
It kind of makes me sad since I do still have a day job that requires me to get in before 2pm :)

I was going to sing Maxwell's "Whenever, Wherever, Whatever"
It's one of my favorite songs by him, though really, anything he puts out is potentially my favorite
He's just so sweet
I saw him live once...?
WHOA
Oh, and (yes this a shameless plug for ME) I saw, spoke to, and hugged him once a couple years ago.
I'm still (along with several other hundred people worldwide) waiting for his new album to drop. It appears that he's got something coming (for real this time) from Columbia records.
Check his myspace page, there's a snippet

Anyway, just wanted to share this update, as well as a pretty decent version of what I would have sounded like if I'd sung this last night. Enjoy!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions of songs I should consider singing at open mics, or even just having in my repertoire, please let me know. I'm open to ideas and welcome all forms of support.

Love, love, love

No comments: