Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Isn't it Funny

Isn't it funny how we can go from not seeing someone for years and years to feeling like we've missed them the whole time, without ever having reached out?
Isn't it funny how a kind word can make you feel like crying, just for the simple goodness of knowing someone actually cares?
Even funnier to know they can lose that ability in a mere split second...

Isn't it funny how we can KNOW what we're put here on earth to do, but doubt it every day of our lives, never listening to the voice inside our heads and hearts, but paying total attention the naysayers who say "it can't be done"?

I think it's rather funny myself
and I laugh out loud
scoff at those who would otherwise scoff at me
i know what i'm meant to do
and i know who I'm answering to
and i know He wouldn't have it any other way

yet and still, I know there are people who feel I have to answer to them
and I know there are times I feel I have to entertain them
but in the end. . .i know, i know, i know
who holds tomorrow, and i know
who holds. . . who holds. . .my hand

live your lives
live your dreams
and don't EVER let ANYONE try to steal them away!

No comments: