Wednesday, November 14, 2007

About the...

Rage in Brooklyn that I unfortunately didn't know about until the paper this morning--how uninformed of me!--can i just throw the question out:
What do we think of this?

I feel that given the already tense atmosphere of this America we live in, where police brutality is not railed against with any force by the just-us system, the recent murder of the unarmed Khiel Coppin was quite obviously as ridiculous as all the rest.

From what I read, it does appear that like his mother said, Coppin was suffering from mental issues. But 20 shots?
I am not, nor do I pretend to be anything close to a police, or even in support of that body of citizens. However, I feel my gut telling me that their job is not to shoot with the intent to kill, even if the person is suspected of having a weapon, but to disable the person from being able to kill or harm them. I understand self defense, but DAMN!
Is the shot to the knee no longer an acceptable method?

I'm at a bit of a loss and figured maybe somebody has something to say. . .

No comments: