Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quelle Journée!

I've been meaning to post for days...and now je ne sais pas óu je peux commencer (i don't know where to start!)
well, i'll just tell my story from today

and i think i can do it briefly, though à la fin, je pense que tu me diras
...at the end, you'll say it was a bit...dull
I hope you'll learn your lesson :)

first i start with last night (hush up/taisez-vous!--it won't be that much longer!)
i hung out with my friend yanique most of the day yesterday--she helped me twist my hair (yay) pics to follow
and when she had to go to the grocery store (Franprix...but there are several (monoprix...ED is the best/la meilleure!) i went with her because on my new list of "things to do/que je voudrais faire (want to do)" was get a bottle of wine, to drink at leisure...
so i went to get wine and then to go home
but whilst we shopped...or while she shopped, i must have wondered so long about what I was going to cook at home (at the dorm) that she invited me back for dinner
so i ate WONDERFUL food with my friend yanique and her cute baby piérre and her wonderful sarcastic wedding photographer husband olivier* (www.olivierlalinweddings.com AND www.olivierlalin.com)
*for whom i'm gonna try to help with some small publicity work while I'm here! and if you have any ideas of wedding-related companies/industries that can link to his site, please send me suggestions--it's always good to have fresh ideas and build bigger lists

...so we ate great food (pics of empty plates to follow)...during the meal, the guy who i met on the train last thursday who i thought just looked cool and might be a decent french speaking comrade called me...ten times in a row
ladies, if they do this, RUN
men, if a woman does this, RUN

suffice it to say, i think he's crazy and probably won't be answering his calls because as the texts before and after the ten (fast succession) calls stated, "[he] wants to see me"

right. i get that, but not really--je suis desolée!

onto today's wonderfulness:
left the room late
namik was in town! (my good NYC friend)
went to library to return/renew book (très facilement! sooooo easy!) by Margaret Atwood (a handmaid's tale...la servante écarlate)
and ended up staying at the library for a couple hours just reading a great article/dossier in Jazz Magazine
i experienced joy just sitting there reading the magazine (and my dictionary simultaneously) and taking notes every other word into my journal for the words i don't know
and je suis certain that my time was SO much better spent at the library than in the class I'm no longer taking! :)
so i read jazz articles and fell in love all over again with jazz and music and maybe a little with french...but mostly just jazz
i gotta study it--anybody know any good books? (please leave comments/laissez-vous votre commentaire, s'il vous plait)
glanced through marie claire (french version) took a few pics of knitting-inspiration, and left to meet namik and terence for dinner
fast fwd (this is getting long--sorry!)
dinner was just food
(sorry...the place i intended for us to go had only meat and we don't really do that, so we went to a indian place that was half decent but nothing to speak of)
THEN we went to a jazz spot and i SANG
it was a "jam session" similar to open mics but the musicians/band isn't quite "on it" like in nyc
granted the songs are not french, but still
so he didn't know the song i wanted to sing (our love is here to stay) so i had to sing...


April in Paris...go fig
he didn't know how to transpose so it was also too high
but...i sang as well as i could
some head voice
tried to breathe well
hey, you know...better luck next time
Café Universel
and i'm going back next week...maybe even friday to see this girl (who i haven't yet determined i likeyet--hence my attendance to the free concert!)

tomorrow: swan bar for vocal jam session #2
Arin in Paris

is Paris ready.....????

last word (mot finale): i'm gonna start traveling soon--got suggestions? tell me--love love and peace

No comments: