Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why does silence feel so good?

Sometimes it's a good thing to reflect...and sometimes it's great to shout and give praise where it's due...

Ok, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I have to give a very special shout out to a new (or old depending on how you qualify association) friend who is pursuing music along the same veins as I am. Both she and I are singers who have been hiding our God given talents for so long.
And now it's time for us to shine.
Her name is Kristen Rogers and she's got a new blog: bathroomfreestyle.blogger.com

Self-promotion is the best promotion.
And I have to share a brief part of a message I just sent to Kristen:
OMG--i used to work in publicity and realized it didn't make sense for me to promote other people's stuff when i could be promoting myself--but then i never DID it...i have so many things to be thankful for and so many things i want everybody to know

i will admit it often comes out scatterbrained when i say things of myself
i'm still hiding lots behind my silences...
i gotta figure this thing out

just to begin (since there's no time like the present):
1-i LOVE to sing, can't help myself really and must make it (after praising God) the biggest part of me
2-i also love to knit and crochet, had a trunk show at my house last season and am still working on creating accessories that bring the funk to wonderful people like you
3-i'm a poet (arinmaya.blogspot.com) and finished (in January) editing my 1st poetry book (and am in need of a publisher) called: This Is My [Love] Story, This Is My Song

OK, that's enuf for now, but more on all those fronts in the near future
Why not let myself be a few of my favorite things?
if i don't tell my story, who will?







obviously i need to work on my game face as i sing/begin to...but it's coming, it's coming

lovelove and goodness

1 comment:

there she goes said...

ummm, what happened to 'no longer symmetrical'??
get your behind back here this instant!