Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pardonnez-moi

for just a second
i know this is the second post for today but bear with me
is it a function of fear that keeps americans in america?
i'm a little troubled for just a second right now
i've spent the majority of my day with wonderful women from all around
somalia, london, toronto, amsterdam, ukraine, etc
i want to be fabulous!

not that i don't love my mama and daddy and everyone on the outskirts too...friends, extensions...all of it
but i just think we've got to do a better job at getting out of our own ways. the world is too big to stay in one place. to not have at least seen so many beautiful things, places, people.
take pictures, obtain memories, smile, enjoy something more than your living room people.
learn a language more than english.
those who have read my poetry will have a bit of a harder time je pense from know on. because i will be inserting any language i can get my tongue wrapped around.

it's sad i think, to be so engulfed in our own thieving culture that we forget what got us there.
i'm ready, are you?
je suis pret? et tu?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Arin.. I just read your loooong ass blog along with this one. And it was liberating.. I needed that. You inspire me. And you are absolutely right. Go on girl live it up. Take pictures and just enjoy yourself. I'll be right behind you soon enough. You are such a beautiful person from the core. Keep writing I enjoy the read and the french lesson. talk to you soon..
~Saki

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps), I’m still going through the process of understanding what it is I like verses what it is I’ve been on a track to do all of my life. I’ll be sure to clue you in once I discover this. :-) PS: Love the French thrown in here and there, it forces me to remember words I’d thrown away from memory long ago and made me realize it’s a language that’s not so bad to rediscover. - MB2

Anonymous said...

I'm touched...so touche.