Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On Worrying...

Just now, I said to my friend Terence, with whom I'm rooming here in Paris (after thinking about it for just a sec, and after tapping him and looking up from my makeshift couch with doe eyes, or as best I could muster with sleep crust therein): "Every now and then, I need a hug," to which he responded by giving me a rightful hug.

Hugs, for me, and spirit lifting. And in times when my mind has gotten something close to the best of me, for reasons of stress, things outside of my control, and momentary faithlessness, I try my best to stay positive but it doesn't always work.

Just now, however, what happened inside was that I had a moment of brilliance. I thought--"It's gonna work out." And I think what caused me to know that was that it always HAS worked out. God has ALWAYS worked it out for me. No matter whether His working "it"--no matter the "it"--out looked just like what I thought it would, or like Rev assured the congregation during my last visit home, better, and so as to make ME look good/BETTER than i would have on my own...God is ALWAYS working things out to His will. And God, it feels good to trust in that. So much better to trust His will than my own confused, convoluted one.

To confirm this brilliance I experienced. To solidify that all was well, I wanted to reach out and touch another believer--in agreement, I suppose. I didn't really have to explain why I needed a hug to Terence, though. All I had to do was say what I needed, and there he was with arms ready and welcome.

And I appreciated that.
I'm so thankful.

There is no space for doubters where I live. No space for "what if it doesn't work out??"
Because that condition doesn't exist.
Several "what ifs" are, or can be considered...but never that one. Because my God is greater.

3 comments:

E. Nebula said...

girl! You better soul search!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! I might need to come visit you!!!!! My blog is down for now but it will be back up tommorow. Come check me!
Malaika/Eagle Nebula

Anonymous said...

chicago hugs you can always refer to:

Isaiah 43:18
remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
behold I will do a new thing; it shall spring forth, shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who wait on the Lord shall have new strength. they will fly on wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, walk and not faint.

Keep Listening To God's Whisper, You Are Under His Wing!

Move With Him and You Move Far, With Purpose!

No Distractions, No Illusions, Just You---Keep Trusting Sister!

there she goes said...

{big hug} i love you.
this entry was like a hug for me!