Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ahh oui...you don't like my franglish, ehhh?

Well, well, well...
it appears to be le cas (seriously, si you can't get the words that are the same/la meme dans les autre langues...!) that a lot of people n'aime pas my franglish
i mean...je suis a france!
what would you have me faire?

ok ok ok
since i got so many wonderful repondres, je will try to tone down the franglish dans cette blog
mais, i hope que you will at least try to read (lire) as much as tu can
parce que these words are for vous
je promis!

today was something of an adventure
i FINALEMENT woke up avant noon!
how wonderful :)
i want to say it was jet lag, but I don't know if i can really put all that weight on one avion (AIRPLANE)
oui

anyway, i think i can officially say i'm comme mon ami terence with whom i am staying
he's an english teacher here at nanterre universite
et he got into the program i got rejected from
ahh yes, the old hook and sinker
mais je ne connais pas if that's what they meant by hook and sinker
(i just learned those lyrics in some song during my childhood and figured they fit ici-la)

ainsi, je suis un professor d'anglais now because i said so (because i said so GREAT movie starring dianne [sp?] keaton and mandy moore {who i LOVE!}--check it out)...i would hyperlink a page for you, but je suis fatiguee and i actually have somewhere to be en ce matin :)

donc, i got up this morning, went back to sleep pour 1 hour and then got up for real
did something (God knows what) sur mon ordinateur (work with me people...that's french for computer :)) and then started my day's preparations
next time i'll take a picture of all the steps it takes me en ce matin pour preparer departir
i got up around 9:50am after realizing that laying down with my yeux closed even though i was conscious doesn't compte pour getting up
after "working" sur mon ordinateur, c'etait pres de 11 o'clock
and i know it may SEEM like a longtemps, mais i was ready to partir (by the way, you should know that sometimes, i'm having to misuse the language for the sake of inroducing you avid readers to it's wonderfulness, so if you vraiment want to learn it, by all means, please prendre un cours)

now, where was i?
ahhh, oui...closer to the point/s of my jour
(jour is like jour-ney, but the french say journee, like bonne journee!)
you'll catch on :)

so, yes, i left the chambre (chamber of secrets...room of secrets...?) around 12:15, and hour after i started getting ready
but here's the kicker, or the commencement of the kickers

si tu me connais, you know i don't wear makeup
maybe my lips and on a night out, mascara and some eyes
i MIGHT even throw on some blush on a good day/nuit
today i applique le maquillage (yes, makeup)
ok...really it was just eyeshadow
(this $0.75 purple eyeshadow i got from TJMaxx from Australie avec ma mere)
was i wearing any purple? of course not
and bien sur i had already chosen a pair of earrings that didn't at all lend themselves to my good feeling, paired with my purple eyeshadow
so i had to change my earrings
the eyeshadow and the earring dilemma are what caused the extra 15 minutes previous to my leaving

i had every intention of walking around the entire city today
it turns out paris isn't that small
manhattan, has nothing on paris
(this may be completely incorrect, but i felt like saying that)
it is true that most manhattan train stations have NOTHING on paris stations
or at least not the big ones
like, yea we have 42nd street, but have you seen the gare at chatelet les halles--don't pronouce the "s" at the end of "les"
anyway, so i took le train au charles de gaulle etoile which is where arc de triomphe is
tres belle
i even had my appareil-photo, complete avec film from mon ami Gerald Peart, a great and amazingly kind photographer who said (and followed up on his word) that he would get me film for my trip in my mains avant i left for paris...and ladies and hommes, i tell you this: this great homme came to meet avec moi sur le matin i was leaving for paris at the busstop to get me what i needed to take the wonderful pictures (j'espere) i'm taking ici on days comme aujord'hui!

so i was at arc de triomphe
taking some pics
then i stopped in a pharmacie thinking peut-etre je can get a cheap pair of sunglasses to block the vente from blowing the water from behind my eyes onto my cheeks
this one guy caught my eye and i his (i think it may have been mon chapeau, which this little lady definitely stopped to say she liked: i LIKE your hat--very pretty!...i couldn't tell if she was francais or if she thought i may have been...tant pis!)

nothing more on the guy except that we both ended up (strangely) in the same pharmacie just a few moments plus tard
let's see
this is about where things get good
i noticed there were some shops nearby...tu connais...
les stores that are everywhere but you still dois enter juste because
louis vuitton, boss, hermes, etc
these are the stores that you know you....ou JE connais that I will never really buy anything from (except that wonderful pair of purple and green sunglasses i saw aujord'hui!)

yea, so i went in a few stores, car then i was hungry, donc i stopped in this fast food spot (because i didn't FEEL like paying 20euro for my meal at cette point!) which i actually liked, merci
after i ate and read some of "eat, pray, love" suggested by a wonderful woman at my old job, susan lehman--also an author, i got up and determined to no longer be distracted by the stores
i would find champs elysees!
just as i had planned.....
so i walked around the rondissement that encircles l'arc de triomphe, right back to the street on which i had just been on eating fast food
and i figured, c'est pas possible that i didn't deja pass the street, so i'm just going to go into one of these souvenir shops and ask the question i know i will be called the dumb tourist for today

i found out that i had been on champs elysees the whole temps!
well :)
that lightened my burden of FINDING le avenue (not unlike christopher columbus' discovery of america way back when...yes)
i thought of walking a little ways down and then getting on le train pour regarder something different, but i decided that i did want to marche and it would do me no harm to walk it out (shout out to ashley and the tuskeegee crew for a rockin' NYE 2007. par some reason, that chanson always ends up dans ma tete for that grand fete--YES i did just reference a new annee that happened OVER a year ago now---and you should be living that well aussi!)

so i'm walking
down champs elysees
they've shut off the lumieres for the season (sad adrea, i know) c'est pas la meme sans celui-ci
in and out of les magasins
(no need to get into whether i achete anything today)
today's point is my recent professorship

so i walked into and out of this potentially horrible shop, but as i was walking out of the shop i got stopped by who other than un guard de securite...again!
mais this time, it was for a good reason
il a dit que je suis "beautiful"
i found out later over vin chaud that he only knows a VERY small bit of english
what a treat!

(by the way, this is important because i've been getting plus de slack from mes amis for not having stories about "hot french garcons" pour them--it turns out my living right now, even inspite of the fact i don't have a job and haven't quite figured out all of what i'm heading towards, doesn't have the capacite to be vide, because my living maintenant is for so many who want to be living it for MOI! many lives sont being lived through me right now...even if does take me whole day to tell a day's story)

so i became his teacher
it also turns out i make his heart beat tres rapidement
he told me "i love you," une autre of the few phrases he knows
:-/
i didn't know what to dire a lui, except...c'est pas possible! (let me know if you have trouble with that one)
we hung out for a while (previous to his proclamation) at virgin megastore, virgin cafe, et sur le champs elysees
c'etait bien
he's a very nice guy
i taught him l'alphabet anglais
he m'aider avec mon francais as well, a little
at least the parts he was saying que je could comprends

then i left him behind
that was like 8pm
2pm pour you americaines slackers :)
he put me safely sur le train and went on his way (only to call me...yes i gave him my number--i'll need help with mon francais le plupart des temps!...trois times to make sure i arrivee safely chez mon ami)
oui oui oui!

well...kind of
(this is getting tres longs, oui?)
i'll quicken my pace pour toutes le monde
i got home-ish, as in sur le platform des traines
then i was walking through the turnstiles (not jumping the turnstile, negarra :))
and i saw this petit FINE homme avec a nicely chisled face and corps aussi
i could tell thru ses vetements
oui oui
wait, that's not to say j'ai regarde
it just struck my radar kind of hard
(remember, je suis under beaucoup de pressure de mes amis)

so let's just say i became his professor d'anglais aussi
even though he was supposed to be heading to the city for training...for his body indeed
:-D
but serieusement...je suis his prof
he doesn't know many mots en anglais either
donc i taught him some
and then he was walking---ohh
j'ai oublie
so the story is, terence wasn't home yet so i saw the 2nd guy (sounds mal, oui?) par chance on my route home and even though he wasn't on his way home, i gave his reason to finalement catch on
(read: with mes yeux) and he ran up behind me and walked me to his apartement (mom, nia, and anyone else, je promis, this isn't as dumb as it sounds--je suis tres safe)
as a matter of fact, if this is too much, you should probably arrete reading now :)

anyway, since my roomie wasn't home and since i don't have a cle pour le chambre, he nicely said i could wait dans son chambre
so i did
and i taught him l'anglais while i waited
i owed him some kindness, j'ai pense
so when he was walking me back to my room, nous ran into un ami of his who understood english much better than him, so we talked for a petit temps, and apres, they both walked me into the dorm where je reste
and quand je found out that terence still wasn't ici, they walked me back to his dorm room
(so i peut voir how this could sound VERY dangereuse, but you gotta trust i really don't put myself in compromising situations)
je connais--who does, arin!!!?!??!?

but serieusement
c'est d'accord
so the guy we'd just met had called his girlfriend so she was coming
oh, by the way, both guys are from mali
they're cousins--how doux!--and great people
les deux study computers (...ordinateurs--that's right, you're catching on!)
and the one qui i'd just met was asking for un peu d'aide with a presentation he has this saturday approche for his final exam for l'universite

so i was editing his paper when his girl came in
i think they must etre dans amour
ahhhh oui!!!
she's tres gentillesse and we all just hung out for a while
i helped him fini son editing and then the one whose room it is made me some rice with some sauce over it (REALLY GOOD!!!!)
j'adore le nourriture gratuis--as in free food! :)
so he'll give me a tour de paris demain--tomorrow!
yay!!!

ainsi, i finalement came home and immediatement got on here to tell you all that i love you very very much

maybe i'll space these posts out so that those of you who actuellement read them can get some work and some sleep done entre

a demain!
(i promise to learn to how to get to the point one day! tres rapidement!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the franglish. Right now you are my only connection to the french speaking world. I think its great. Maybe you should just write to me in Franglish...lol. Plus I just started this french class at church that is helping me bone up on my speaking, because I can read it just fine. I wish I was there with you and I am working on it!!! Love you!

karynrose said...

oh dear! it has never taken me this long to read anything in my life! i may very well understand french when the whole adventure is over!