Tuesday, December 30, 2008

good men

and music...

so i'm sitting at my desk at my part-time job in the lifestyle i had chosen for myself (at least temporarily post-paris)
(read: i must revert back to something with normalcy and not having to be broke anymore)
back to the program:
i'm at my desk and i'm entering gifts from our year-end appeal for the non-profit i work for that helps homeless people and (it appears) would like me to join that roster instead of paying me decent wages
by the way, the reason i have to revert back to (god-forbid) a 9-5 life and a salary is because (a) i have no insurance, (b) i need to live alone--solitude is my new year's resolution, (c) because the economy, similar to the nation, is built on lies and fear
yea

so--oooh just got dizzy from something--somewhere between not eating enuf and not sleeping enuf i hope

THE POINT:
in 2002, RL (formerly of "step back you're dancing kinda close") made a song called "Good Man"
and it was the bomb--so i just finished listening to it on YouTube (can't embed it because it was disabled by the user, go fig), and just before that, i listened to "We Can't Be Friends" with him and Deborah Cox, one of the two (or probably more) Canadian divas of song--the other being Tamia, who i just listened to with Eric Benet (still over/under sexed?) singing "Spend My Life With You"

and I just thought I would share these wonderful musical memories with you (yes, in the midst of talking about how i even came to the point of being able to/feeling like i must watch/listen to YouTube in order to pass my days--because having less makes you want to revel in the more(s) that are available to you)

word of the day: Don't forget the good times, or good music as the years come and go by--they're there to be held onto

No comments: