Saturday, December 12, 2009

does wanting more of you...

make me a bad person?
yesterday my friend said i have extremely high expectations of folks

and i don't know if i agree
i mean, yes if i know you and consider you a friend, yes i probably have pretty high expectations of you
but nothing i don't think you can reach out and touch with your hand

i get sick of people saying dumb STUFF like "you were an english major..." or "you're from chicago..."
so that means you don't put on the right coat?
or that means you don't learn how to differentiate between there's and theirs???

these things i won't put up with, i just won't
and all i'm saying is, if my expectations leave me alone at night forever
or if they make me a name i won't say here that i'd prefer you never call me, lest you get slammed up against whatever wall is close (cause my mama didn't raise no fool) then so be it
i just won't deal with mediocrity

i didn't get C's in school; it was below me
and i honestly believe that we are all A students, no matter how long it takes us to get there

Welcome back, Nose & Eyelashes ;-

No comments: