Monday, November 24, 2008

i may have lied

(about the topic of this post, being "next"--sorry)
but according to the men i've spoken to about this "lying" thing, it isn't a lie if you don't intend for it to be, and i certainly didn't intend on having a day best denoted by expletives--please trust that--but i was close to tears, literally while sitting at my desk fixing several spreadsheets for our year-end appeal

i don't even get insurance from these world-savers, go fig
why was my day so horrendous?
1-because my shoulder keeps (as in continuing as i type) having this sharp recurring pain that feels like something is being ripped through--OUCH!
2-because PMS is so real and it only gets more real as the years go by. irritable is the word of the day
3-because i was  TIRED, read: falling asleep at my desk. huge problem
and 
4-because i realized just how broke i am--very :(

BUT God...
gave me this voice and it does things to me when i can praise Him
so here are the reasons my day wasn't all THAT bad, though it was still a pretty effing not great day
i've had better...
1-because i could still sing, and when it came time for me to do it, i needed it like breath
2-because when i went to purchase the futon cover for my new futon (isn't it a blessing to be able to afford stuff you need even when you're BROKE??!?) it was the easiest transaction of my horrendous day/s ever
3-because the trains were running like butter--such an uncommon thing here in new york city, but also nicely because of the weekday thing. do not, i repeat do NOT visit new york on the weekend if you don't know where you're going or have a well educated tour guide
4-because i was able to get my granola from the health food store--it's my guilty pleasure during this hellish cleanse
5-because sometime soon, i'm gonna lay my head on a pillow on my futon with my new cover and mattress pad and all, and go to sleep
6-because my lifelong friend kamaria called me JUST when i was about to really break down--just to say hi; i believe she felt me and came to my rescue like the angel God made her to be
and
7-just because He's so awesome

word of the day: it's always good to be able to put things into perspective
no matter what you're going through, someone else has it worse--try to be a blessing to someone else when you're down. it may turn both of you around

No comments: