Monday, December 10, 2007

Free Food

Today, I asked (in my office), "what day is the holiday party thingy?"
Someone responded, "Thursday"
I said, "Today should be Wednesday."
Someone else replied, "Wednesday is the pizza lunch." (Every month in my office we have a pizza lunch to celebrate birthdays and eat together--it's a non-profit, we do these things.)

My heart was lifted, especially since I (a) love, love, LOVE free food, and (b) because I'm trying to my darndest to save money these days, so any chance at having some (free food) is music to my ears, literally. I thought to myself, and said out loud, "Are you sure? They usually don't like to feed us twice in one week." And yes, I am aware of the fact that in that moment, I made us sound like zoo animals looking forward to feeding time. I have no shame.

Somebody agreed to check.

1.5 hours later--
The email comes through: No Pizza Lunch This Week
Oh, LAWD!
"You bring me up just to break me DOWN!"
Yes, I said that out loud and loud enough for us all to laugh at the sad humor we were all experiencing at that moment.

Yet another missed opportunity at free food, and another day to construct a meal of sorts. . . Maybe Wednesday will be brown rice with barbecue sauce day :(

No comments: