Monday, September 17, 2007

Favorite Things...what else?

Today is a bit random of a date to be launching this new blog spot o' mine, but I MEANT to start it yesterday on my good friend Aimee's birthday. Happy 25th!

It's necessary for me to start this blog because I have so many favorite things of so many different varieties that I need you all to know about. People I know who rank among my favorites, their passions which bring forth products or nuances that have become my favorites--so many things I want to share with you, and that I hope you will then share with others.

But first to start (at the very beginning, a very good place to start). . .

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudel
Doorbells and sleighbells and schnitzel with noodles (which, by the way, is what?)
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings (WHAT an image!)
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes (hence noseandeyelashes.blogspot.com--it is HARD to get an available blogspot name!)
Silver-white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so sad

Because this song has crept into (and remained in) my consciousness over the past week or so, and because I had an amazingly wonderful trip to DC this weekend and was inspired by a bunch of ladies in red (read: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is the only way for me), from this day I will be bringing you MY favorite things. . .because you care

You really, really care!

1 comment:

there she goes said...

this is the cutest blog idea ever. and because it's you it's going to be so interesting. i can't wait!

tee hee 'good friend aimee'