Friday, June 27, 2008

Who will answer my call?

Who are we allowed to call just because?
Our friends…our mothers…lovers? Maybe not lovers
Boyfriends?
Do they have an unwritten obligation to talk to you about anything and everything you want to when you want to?

The other day I had in mind a conversation I wanted to have
Really I just wanted to talk to somebody
Tell 'em how good my God had been to me
Just say hi
Listen to their comforting voice and stuff like that

And I didn’t know who I could call
Didn’t know who might actually answer
Who might want to hear my stories
Rejoice with me

I picked up the phone a few times
Scrolled thru my contacts and their info
Couldn’t find anybody who matched the criteria
Did that mean the answer was God or me?
Or did it mean out of all the friend people I have or call myself having, they really don’t amount to much friend stuff at all?
Or was I just thinking too much?
I ended up calling two people. Neither of them answered their phones, but I hadn’t expected them to anyway.

That’s when I started typing…

1 comment:

blackdaylight said...

i feel u...when we were teenagers it was all about burning up all the anytime minutes & running up the phone bill on late night convos.
nowadays i kinda hate talking on the phone. i think its because now everyone has a cell & is accessible 24/7.
texting is kinda impersonal but its to the point & can be a lasting document of the moment...its kinda like a bastardized version of how people used to write [love] letters to each other...