Monday, March 10, 2008

je connais...i know!

it's been forever
and i wish i could stay longer but i gotta go to bed, but know these things:
1-the Lord is in His holy temple (worship and adore His holy name).......give to Him a perfect sacrifice, give to Him a more excellent praise [the last part was just for those who didn't know the rest]
2-I've been not posting because i've been busy taking pics, singing, meeting AMAZING musicians, doing God's thing through me
3-Paris is still great but I do still have plans to rentrer (as in come back)
4-i'm going to Berlin next week!
5-regarding singing, I've been making "regular" (over the course of one week and going up to next monday) appearances at Le Blue Note, Paris; The Area Bar/Restaurant, Paris; Swan Bar, Paris; etc...
AND I've shared the stage with ridiculous saxophonists/pianists/batteurs (drummers) and more...Roy Hargrove made an appearance last week--i'll post pics soon
songs i've sung:
summertime/round midnight/april in paris/from this moment on/god bless the child/one note samba/our love is here to stay...any other ideas? send em my way...


I'm naming myself ArinMaya--Jazz/Soul/Funk/R&B/unclassifiable
and i pray to stay this way

I'm attaching here some inspiration for those of us who value and respect music theory (and i know i have SO long to go to really GET it) and know talent when it's quite blatant like this

all the love in the world from this coast to yours
arinmaya

2 comments:

McCay said...

glad to read that you are loving life, enjoying yourself, and chasing your dreams! good for you.
Hugs!

kiacharon said...

that's awesome my jazzy groovy sis! c'est super cool! (do they even say that? haha) do big things.